Saturday 4 August 2012

What a week!...........It is now 00h30 Saturday night/Sunday morning and I am wide awake!

So I decided to tell you about my "very peculiar week thus far" as my very English late mother-in-law would have said!  (I am very Afrikaans, and she was a real English lady....accent and all)

I finished off night duty on Wednesday morning and only slept a few hours to make sure I sleep again during the night .  Quite early I went to bed and slept well until my dearest hubby came to bed!  He has flu and was snoring so badly that I am sure our friends two blocks away could hear him!  I didn't sleep...................................

Still quite grumpy from no sleep I had to get up to take my youngest son to the dentist........

Once a month we travel to our neighbouring town to see an orthodontist.  We usually have a long shopping and to-do-list as well, because our small town just lack in some services!  When we got there- in time for our appointment- we got the sad news that the doctor had a stroke and is in hospital.  But we should not worry....another doctor is on her way from Pretoria......so we waited...............

Now before I continue with this story whilst we are waiting.............when I started working in the hospital I am currently working at, one of my new colleagues stopped me in the passage.  He introduced himself, wished me well, and then he said....."Sister, remember you are working in Africa now....and there is lots of time in Africa!.....everything in Africa is slower.....if you can relax and accept that some things are slower here, you will be fine!"    

For my naturally busy  personality it was quite an eye opener!.....but I am fine.....

So back to waiting at the dentist......we waited.............hour and a half later we went in......and a 15 minute appointment ended an hour later!  Needless to say, the to-do-list to be given attention to next month...........

Got home, really tired by now, my husband fell asleep on the couch in front of the fireplace, TV going in the background.....Now.....I hope I'll be forgiven......I left him to snore away on the couch!.........I slept well......my eldest son did not!  He was in the neighbouring room!

All chirpy Friday morning I was busy!  I worked my blog....did some paper mache project....baked pretzels.....and started with supper....

My stephdad lost his eyesight in his one eye about 2 years ago.  Friday I realised how difficult it must be for him........

I cooked....and used chillies.....and without thinking rubbed my eye!  It was insane!  It was burning for almost an hour! That after I rinsed it and after I applied a self improvised eyepatch(big hump of cotton wool drenched with milk!) with a cross of plaster all over the forehead and going down the cheek!  I am a nurse, but boy oh boy!, if something happens in this household.....you are on your own!   Imagine applying the plaster with a runny nose, runny eye, dripping milk, sneezing like madness....at least my sinuses where clear by now!

I finished supper, but the kitchen was in a mess!  It is quite difficult to judge distances with only one eye....I cleaned up and jumped into my pj's!  Whilst getting undressed I thought....our friends are going to come and visit.....and they did.....half an hour later I had to get dressed again....at least we had a great time.....always good to have them around.....

Then it was bed time......and my husbands snoring moved me to the couch now....

Unpleasant night....had to wake up early to wake the boys for their cricket marches.....still in my pj's dragging around the house my parents pitched up to come and watch the rugby-finals with us.....I baked cupcakes....did the caramel filling everything..... 

I eventually got dressed!  And was picked up by a friend(see her blog 'my cupcake thighs') to go for a wellness talk and light lunch.....just to realise that it was too good to be true!  It was a product promotion talk!  We sipped on this....we sipped on that.......and after two hours we left without our light lunch!

Yes we do want to loose weight, but we want to eat.....we just love the feeling of something chewable in our mouths!  We're just not shake people!   Even if it is broccoli...cauliflower....as long as it has crunch.....  

It's late now....I can hear my hubby snoring from here and I wonder if I am ever going to sleep tonight........

But it was good talking to you!  Hope you have a great night!

Lot of love

Sandra
  xxx           

PS! it is 01h30 now.....

No comments:

Post a Comment