Tuesday 7 August 2012

project 42........CRUMBED PORK CHOPS

I am not very fond of pork, but my family loves it. 

I've done these the other day.....

Flour mix....

Mix together 1 cup of flour.....2 teaspoons of salt.....2 teaspoons of grated black pepper....1 1/2 tablespoon nutmeg.......1 teaspoon sage.....1 teaspoon paprika..........1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper.....

Egg wash.......

Mix together 2 eggs and 4 tablespoons of water......

You can season your chops with salt and pepper, but I did not as there is quite a lot of salt in the flour mixture.  Nobody added some salt, so I believe it is enough.  Then roll your chop in the flour, dip in the egg wash and roll in the flour again.  Then fry it on the stove top on medium gas in a little cooking oil for about 5 minutes both sides.  I suppose this can be altered according to the thickness of the chops.  Drain on a kitchen towel.  I served it with potato chips(french fries) and a salad.

I really thought that they would be oily, but they were really good!

No comments:

Post a Comment