Friday 3 August 2012

project 32....zooshing up a chandelier with soda bottle roses

I have figured this one out after seeing a tutorial to make roses from plastic spoons.  I used soda bottles to form the roses, and wow!....was I impressed with my idea!  I then glued the roses to an old chandelier and spray painted the whole thing!  My friend came to visit....she thought I bought it somewhere!



I used soda bottles and cut flower motives with 3 and 4 petals each.  I then stringed them onto a wooden sosatie-skewer, one with 3 petals, then 2-3 with 4 petals....I did not have use for the flowers yet, but I suppose you could use something smaller as well like a paper binder for example.  It is easier to spray paint the flowers by placing it in a flowerpot with soil if you use a skewer though.

I then lit a candle and melted the whole thing.  You need to be careful, as it melts quickly!  The petals start to curl and it forms a perfect rose.  I spray painted them with a base colour and allowed to dry.  I then cut the ends of the skewer off and clued them to my chandelier.  I've cut some leave forms as well and added them to the chandelier.  I then took some wire and made some twirls around the chandelier.....spray painted the whole thing gold......and got a new chandelier!

Can be taken off easily if I need to do something different with the chandelier, but for now it is pretty cool and I'll use it like this for some time1

No comments:

Post a Comment