Friday 24 August 2012

PROJECT 57 ----MIXED MEDIUM PICTURES

I am always looking for something I can make out of nothing!  Something that will basically cost me nothing to make.....

I saw so many ideas of paper mache on pinterest that I had to try it again.  I have done it years ago and forgot what fun it was!

I made these pictures out of recycled photo frame backs which I covered with newspaper, and then gave them a thin layer of paint.  I modge podged them to seal it off.  I then used boxes to make the doll, and the hearts are also pieces of cereal box that I have taped together with masking tape.  I used a smaller box in the inside to give it a three dimensional look.  The dolls hands and shoes, as well as the golden heart were formed out of egg carton pulp.  What an instant and exciting idea for paper mulch!  I simply soaked the boxes in some water!  I then sealed it with modge podge when it was dry and painted it.  The dolls face is a picture from a magazine that I decoupaged to the smaller box.  The legs are pieces of dowel sticks.  I decoupaged the cereal carton box heart with newspaper first and then with coloured paper.  

Use whatever you have lying around to decorate them.

This was fun making something out of really nothing!  


The boys are just a little worried now because I said I am going to hang them in their bathroom!

No comments:

Post a Comment