Friday 3 August 2012

project 36.....cheese straws

I used to work in a neighbouring town, and there was a lady selling cheese straws for an income to look after her disabled child.  We all used to support her and ate cheese straws week in and week out!

The other day I thought that I really crave for that taste....so I made some....

I used a roll of bought puff pastry(I am a mom of hungry boys and everything needs to be quick!).  I rolled it open and sprinkled some grated cheddar cheese, grated Parmesan and some aromat(seasoned salt) over.  I folded it double and rolled it flat again.  Folded it double again and rolled it flat.....folded it double and rolled it out.....

I then cut it in 1cm strips and placed it on a cookie tray and baked it at 200*C until it was golden brown and crispy.......

No comments:

Post a Comment