Friday 24 August 2012

pr0ject 58.......faboulous pork stew

I don't like pork, but this recipe is one of my favourites!

I don't know where I got it, or how it was adapted over the years to what it is today, but enjoy it!

I serve it with rice.

You will need:

Some stewing pork meat
coarse salt and freshly grounded black pepper
olive oil
2 onions,sliced
1-2 chillies
2 heaped tbsp paprika
2 tsp caraway seeds
1 tsp oregano
1-3 green/red/yellow peppers/mixture of the three
3-4 tomatoes
1 packet of tomato puree/ small tin
4 tbsp balsamic vinegar
whole small potatoes, green beans, patty pans and mushrooms

Brown the meat in the olive oil.  Add all the ingredients up to the tomatoes with.  Add some water and cook for about an hour.  Add the potatoes and cook another 1/2 hour.  Then the beans and patty pans and cook another 15 minutes.  Add the tomato puree, balsamic and mushrooms and cook through for another 5 minutes.

If I don't have patty pans I just omit it.  I sometimes add a packet of olives.  It is yours to try out.

No comments:

Post a Comment