Monday 20 August 2012

Project 52.......a money sock


Any old sock will do for this, but I used one of those disgusting toe socks that seemed like a good idea some time ago, but never worked!  I don't think the inventor of it ever tried it on!  It is really uncomfortable......your toes can't 'breath'!  You later on feel so agitated....you just have to take the socks off.....then all of a sudden YOU can breath! 

But I found a better way for using a brand new toe sock! I made a money bag out of it!

If you have four men in your house, you will know that nobody empty their pockets before dumping their washing in the basket.....so I found a way of paying the one doing the washing........simply hang your money sock next to the washing machine and save all the money you -the washer- find in the pockets......surely they did not need it if they left it in the pockets!

It is quite difficult to remove it again from the sock, so you have to save up!  Unfortunately the pockets seem to be emptied more often now before dumping it in the wash.....I wonder why? Ha ha!

I used a plastic peanut butter bottle's lid and carved a big smile out of it with a crafter's knife.  I then glued it into the top of the sock.  I glued a hair elastic band to the outside to secure it.  Glued a face onto it and sewn a ribbon to the top to hang it. 

Actually something I can make my housewife friends.  I am sure every housewife would like to earn something for doing the washing! 

No comments:

Post a Comment