Wednesday 14 March 2012

project.....7......the jewelry sorter.....

I am a beadier!  From all the hobbies I have done, beading is the one that survived the longest...and I am still beading....making necklaces, key holders, serviette rings, tiebacks, bottle decorations, name it!  The problem is that beaded jewelry takes up quite a bit of space, so I had to think of something to sort this problem.  Just look at this nifty idea.....

My mom had these nicely framed prints in the house when we were kids.  Unfortunately not one of the kids appreciated the pictures, and when she recently asked me if I wanted the frames at least I thought of this idea!  needless to say, I took the frame and spray painted the whole picture as well as the frame in a copper colour (to her disgust!)  I then took a ruler and made markings 6cm apart- 1 top row, a middle row and a bottom row.  I then raided my husbands toolbox for 15 exact screws, and screwed it in on every marked spot.  I then took 4 hooks and screwed it in at the bottom to hang small bags and stuff.

I can now sort the jewelry by colour and nothing hooks into each other anymore! 

No comments:

Post a Comment