Sunday 11 March 2012

PROJECT 4- THE SWEETHEART (FOR A SWEETHEART)

 THIS IS NOT THE BEST PICTURE, BUT YOU WILL GET THE IDEA!!!!

I have bent a heart from a firm wire and secured it at the top.  I then took a stiff organza-like material and torn in in 10cm strips.  Thereafter I torn every strip in 1 cm strip(1x10cm).  Then the patience came....these strips were tied one by one around the wire until the whole wire was covered.  You can just make normal knots.  I finished it off with small roses I bought from our local craft shop, but you can use anything from small ribbons, hearts or whatever to make it look pretty.  I hung it from a tree using ribbons, but if you want to hang it in front of a window like a dream catcher, you can use fishing line.  In this case you will just see the heart hanging in the middle of no-where from the outside.

If I had a girl I would really have made more of these, as they are easy, easy easy....I can just picture them in pinks and purples!   I hope you have as much fun when you make yours!  

1 comment: