Wednesday 28 March 2012

PROJECT 18-MAKING LAVENDER CANDLES


I am sure you noticed by now it is lavender season in the sunny South Africa!
I saw these candles in a magazine some time ago, and had to try them.  I was wondering if they really smell of lavender when they burn, and they do! 

Well, well, well.....the dinosaur is around again.....I lost the end products photo and searched for half an hour now!  Let me tell you what I've done.....will look for the snap later or do a new one!

I have melted plain white candles in an old coffee tin.  Beware this can be very hot!  In the meanwhile I used a piece of string, taped it to the bottom of my mold, and secured it to a sosatie-stick at the top.  This is just to prevent it from going back into the wax when you pour it.

When the wax was melted, I added a few drops of lavender oil and a handful of fresh lavender flowers.  I used a silicone muffin mould.  Pour the liquid into the mould and allow it to set for at least 6 hours before removing it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment