Monday 19 March 2012

project 14......................the coat hanger

a simple old wooden coat hanger became something different......................a scarf hanger.............or a photo hanger.....................or a sock hanger....................whatever you want to hang...................

I painted the coat hanger with normal craft paint.  I then found some angels that I was saving from a Christmas gift wrapping which I decoupage with modge podge onto the hanger.  I glued simple wooden pegs that I painted a contrasting colour  onto the coat hanger.  It looked a little dull, so I used some off cut pieces of lace that I modge podged onto the pegs.  I then used some small paper roses from our local craft shop to finish it off as well as a piece of plastic tubing/piping to go over the metal look.  I used the glue gun at first, but the pegs kept coming down.  I then used wood glue and they are really stuck now.


Easy gift  costing nothing to make................

No comments:

Post a Comment