Monday 19 March 2012

project 11.......easter wreaths




Last year I made these Easter wreaths, but decided to share them as it is almost Easter, and really easy to make.  You can make quite a few in a morning, and once made can be kept for the next year, or the next until you are tired of them.  Seen that they hardly cost anything, you can even discard them and start all over again next year!  

I made a circle from wire, and then covered the whole circle with strips of yellow material.   I decided that the bright yellow and the black and white gingham was the look I want as it can be used with fluffy yellow chickens and white sugar coated Easter eggs.

I then took seeds, porcupine pins, guinea fowl feathers, shells, driftwood and pieces of glass I picked up from the beach to decorate.  I used a glue gun to fix all of the decorations.  I then used torn  strips of my material to tie in between and made tied bows on others.  I tied a loop with a longer  piece of material to hang them.

You can basically use anything to your hearts desire to decorate them, and it can easily be made into a Christmas wreath as well using Christmas colours.

On second thought,  I enjoyed making these, maybe I can make a couple more to decorate the church this Easter!  I have some beautiful pine cones I picked up a while ago, and maybe I can use them!.....

No comments:

Post a Comment