Tuesday 6 March 2012

Project 1. -The Iron Pot.

My mom threw this pot out when she recently moved.  It was rusted and she thought it was beyond repair.  I claimed it before it could go to a rubbish dump.  She thought I would use it as a planter.   Well it is now as good as new and on Sunday night I am going to bake a bread in it for a church hoecell meeting!

I went to the internet for help...Firstly I washed the pot with dishwashing liquid and hot water.  A little elbow grease was needed, but it was worth the effort at the end.  Thereafter I oiled the whole pot inside out with cooking oil.  I then put it in a hot oven and left it for an hour.  When it came out of the oven I rubbed it inside out with vegetable oil again.  I read that I should season it with the cooking oil after every wash.

See the evidence!  I wish I had taken a before photograph as well!  But I suppose I will do something like this again as I love to give stuff a second life!  

No comments:

Post a Comment