Tuesday 6 March 2012

Project 2 - Lavender Biscuits.

 The other day I got the idea to make lavender biscuits when I saw the lavender bush in flower.  Unfortunately we had a hail storm and the bush had two flowers left... not enough for the tablespoon I needed.  This morning the bush was in full bloom again so I decided to attempt it again!  See the end result!


RECIPE FOR LAVENDER BISCUITS
got this from the Internet some time ago

2 1/2 cups flour
1 cup margarine
3/4 cup sugar
1 egg
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 tablespoon lavender flowers

Mix everything together.  Cover with gladwrap and keep in fridge for an hour.  Roll sausages from dough and cut cookies by slicing sausages.  Bake at 160'C for 10-12 minutes.

Easy as that!    


The last tray had 8 biscuits, but I was distracted by the photo for the blog that my biscuits in the oven were completely forgotten about. Luckily the ducks in the garden helped me to destroy the evidence.   This little picture on the left shows a very satisfied duck..

1 comment:

  1. I loved the cookies! And would recommend this recipie to everyone! Keep those recipies going! love it. x

    ReplyDelete