Monday 19 March 2012

project 13.......covering a notebook

My sister has a restaurant.  Every time she comes to visit, and I cook something, she wants the recipe just to phone me a couple of weeks later for the same recipe again!  So I decided to make her a handwritten book with some of my favourites.  I was so impressed with the outcome that I made myself one as well!

I used a black hardcover A5 size book.I wrote all the recipes by hand.  I gave the origin of every recipe eg. from my sister-in-law(who is by the way making the most divine green bean dish!).  I then made entrances in red where I sometimes adapt the recipe or use alternatives.  Even if I did not know the original recipe anymore, but gave her an adapted version, I wrote that.  I finished it off with quirky notes in the open spaces.

I then covered the book with material onto witch I'd sewn hundreds of odd buttons.  I 'glued' it onto the book with modge podge.  I then added some ribbons on the sides and glued a nice paper on the inside to disguise the fold overs. 

You can use your imagination to decorate your book. 


No comments:

Post a Comment