Thursday 21 March 2013

Project 191....making noise

I saw something similar to this on the net some time ago and thought it was quite a good idea for making school projects....musical instruments.

Unfortunately my boys outgrew this, but when we started dancing at church, I remembered the idea.  It was quite a mission to find suitable bells though, as not all the bells have great sound to them!  When I found these, I bought all the packets they had, but still not enough.  I have to wait for them to order again.

Get some ribbon and cut it in the desired lengths.  I've made mine 50cm, but if you want a bigger bow, just make it longer.

Use a match or gasfirelighter to burn the ends to secure them from damaging with movement.

Sew a few bells onto the ribbon starting right in the middle and space them evenly.  My bells are bigger, so I only used three per ribbon.



Now you can tie it around the wrist or ankle with a bow.  We are going to use it with a dance on mothersday with finger ribbons doing an Israeli praise song....

The picture with the freckles is my sons arm!  Difficult to tie a bow on your own arm!

No comments:

Post a Comment