Tuesday 19 March 2013

Project 183....flapjacks

For one or other reason, my children never wanted to eat flapjacks.  I think it is the taste of baking powder that is so overwhelming in many recipes.

A few year ago I saw this recipe on a cooking programme.  The presenter said they are American flapjacks, but I never searched it, so I won't know.  All I do know is that my kids love these, and if they are slightly undercooked in the middle, they are even better for them!

Mix about 4-5 cups of flour with a little salt to taste, 1-2 teaspoons of sugar, about 45 ml of cooking oil, a 10g packet of instant yeast and lukewarm water to make a slightly runny mixture.  Leave in a warm spot for about half an hour to double in size.

Spray your pan with 'spray and cook' and start baking spoons full at a time.  It will make bubbles on the top when you need to turn them.

These are lovely just as they are, or with butter...butter and jam, and even with fillings like a sandwich.

I sometimes have a lot of visiting teenage boys over the weekends, and these are always a winner...breakfast...lunch...in between....and the leftovers are even not there for long!

No comments:

Post a Comment