Tuesday 19 March 2013

Project 187....jazzing up kitchenware

After decoupaging the tins, I thought I have to share this with you......

I got a sweet orange  milkjug and sugar bowl from a medical rep years ago.  Although I think their product is excellent, I did not want the name on the kitchenware!....written in navy blue......

I took a piece of sandpaper and lightly sanded it over the writing.  I then gave it a layer of modge podge onto which I stuck a piece of tin foil.  I gave it a few more layers of modge podge, then a pretty serviette over the tin foil.  I ended it off with quite a few modge podge layers.  It took me a couple of days as I allowed each layer to dry properly.

I've been using this for years.  I only hand wash it, and do not soak it in water.  I dry it immediately after washing it, and then place it in a dry place to dry properly.  

Maybe if it was not such a pretty colour, I would not have done this, but I am glad I saved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment