Tuesday 19 March 2013

Project 182......enlarging a shirt

The youth at our church designed these shirts, and before we knew, the whole church was wearing them  and not the youth only.  It is a lovely shirt to wear to outreaches, etc.

They are pretty cool, but not for a DD like me!  But before I knew, I had one as well, and it was made specially for each individual with their names at the back....and there is no other Sandra in the church...So the "I believe" stretched too large for my liking....

After discussing it with some of the other ladies, I heard that they were in the same predicament, but their problem was around the hips.  See, these are actually made on a rugby shirts pattern, and I believe the men like them tight all around!  But we are all feminine women...but our names were on the back!....one of the ladies came with this plan......



We opened the sides all the way up to the sleeves and used some black material with these sporty netting on top and added a panel.  Finish it off by working a seam just like the rest of the shirt.  It was so easy, I think you can do it with lace on another shirt....... going to try it.....

No comments:

Post a Comment