Thursday 21 March 2013

Project 190....crochet a table runner

This one does not have the directions!  Get yourself a pattern of your choice and get going!

I always loved to crochet, but for a very long time this was not very fashionable.  With vintage themes everywhere it is a very relaxing hobby that you can start afresh.

I read some time ago that old fashioned knitting and crochet are good for people with depression and likewise diseases as the repeating and rhythmic movements tend to calm you down.  Now I can't remember how I felt doing it when I had a low.....but I do love the art of it.....it is so nice to start a piece and see it forming in your hands.....

I made the table runner whilst working night duty last week in the early hours of the mornings.  I just had to put it all together at home. 

The curtain I made for my bathroom some time ago, but I felt like sharing it.....I think just to show off!  Ha Ha!


Enjoy rediscovering this old craft!

No comments:

Post a Comment