Tuesday 19 March 2013

Project 189...a beaded neclace

I make most of my jewelry myself.  Mostly because I can not afford buying and secondly I like to wear something different.  And it is so much easier if you need something in a specific colour to make it yourself.  Another vain reason is the compliments!  Pretty cool to say "I made it myself"!

I first put all the colours of beads I want to use on a tray....big ones....small ones and seed beads.  I never have a plan, and just follow my immagination the moment I start.  If you however want to draw a plan, do it. 
I use copper wire and start adding some beads and give the wire a few turns to secure the beads.  When your wire is too short, simply work the ends into the finished piece, and start with another piece.  Now you can play around until your piece is big enough.  Then give it something to hang around your neck.  You can either string some beads, or use leather strings, material or organza ribbon.  Anything according to your liking.

The moment you start doing this, you will see so many possibilities!  Some are slightly off balanced, others the same on both sides......Just use your immagination!

No comments:

Post a Comment