Monday 1 October 2012

Project 97....planter tin bucket for a friend



I love tins!  They are so versatile!  I even bake individual small breads in them at times when my small buckets are not enough!  I have these small buckets that I love, but unfortunately only 9, and sometimes you need more......so I make tin buckets......

I made this tin bucket for a friend last week to take her some herb plants.....

Make two holes on the sides just below the rim.  Put a piece of wire through it and fold it to make a small loop so that it can not pull back through the hole. This will be your handle.  Now turn your tin upside down and punch a small hole or two into the bottom to drain the water.  I use a hammer and a nail to do this job!

Fill your bucket with some shreaded newspaper at the bottom and then a good potting soil.  Plant your herb seedlings, and finish it off with a card, or plant marker, or piece of ribbon, angels hair, whatever you feel like.......  I sometimes even cover the handle with ribbon or tie a ribbon around the tin.  So many possabilities.......at hardly any cost!

No comments:

Post a Comment