Monday 1 October 2012

project 90******************bead insects************

I love making these insects!  I have done lots of things with them over the years, and by now I should actually be so bored of making them, but I still enjoy making them!

I made serviette rings, table weights, bookmarks, mobiles, plant markers, brooches, necklaces......name it.......all with insects!

I made some the other day as plant markers for my herb pots on the patio, and promised to show how to.....I then made some for a friend to give colour to a tin bucket with herbs......so I decided to make a drawing of how to do it.......



Easy to follow.....just string your beads through the beads allowing the two pieces of wire to overlap each other inside the beads.....when you get to the body, start from the back and work your way to the tentacles.....when you get there, fold it back and twist the wire to make a twisted tentacle.....with the wings .......make one wing, and push your wires through the opening of the bead forming the body.....continue on the other side with the smaller wing.  Instead of five beds in the centre, only do four.....when you get to the end, string the wires

No comments:

Post a Comment