Tuesday 30 October 2012

Project 110.....no bake cornflake cookies.....

Keeping up with the appetite of three teenage boys make you try out a lot of different recipes.  I have recently found this one on google, but added the coconut.  I've hidden them for a day and offered them on our way to the Kruger National Park last week.  My sons were impressed that their mother thought of breakfast!  Too sweet for my taste for breakfast, rather tea time for me!  We've been to the park for three days.....they only lasted the first day!

1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup golden syrup
2 tbsp butter
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 cup coconut
3 cups cornflakes

Melt the first four ingredients in a pot on the stove.  Allow to cook for 1 minute whilst stirring.  Then add the coconut and cornflakes and stir until it is coated with the sugar mixture.  Scoop spoons full on wax paper and allow to set.  Makes about 2 dozen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment