Monday 1 October 2012

project 91........mulberry cream/icecream

I've done this with strawberries before, but still had some frozen mulberries in the freezer, so I tried it using a different fruit.  As I am trying(take note trying!) to loose weight, I used full cream milk in stead of full cream.....not as creamy....but tasty....

Bring 250 ml of sugar with 250 ml of water to the boil. and allow to cook for 5 minutes to form a syrup.  In the meanwhile add 10 ml of gelatin to 60 ml of cold water.  When your syrup is done, stir in the gelatin and mix until is is dissolved.  Allow to cool down totally.  Stir in 500 ml fruit mouse.  Mix properly and place in freezer.  When it starts to for ice, use your hand mixer and mix it again.  Now add your beated cream or milk as I did and allow to freeze again.  When it starts to form icicles again, beat with your hand mixer again and allow to freeze again. 

The mulberries are not as sweet as the strawberries, but I liked it!

No comments:

Post a Comment