Saturday 13 October 2012

POST 108: HOMEMADE YOGURT

Of all the things I've tried, I think this one was the most amazing!  Who would ever think you can make your own yogurt?

I was paging through a book full of pickles when I noted this.  I did not give it much attention, but when I paged through a magazine at work and saw it again just the next day, I knew I had to try it!  And guess  what!  I am going to make this a lot!  So easy and taste just like bought ones!

I heated 500ml of milk(I used 2%) until it just started making small bubbles on the side.  I then took the pot from the stove and placed it in a bowl of cold water to cool down a little.  I then added two big tablespoons of natural yogurt and stirred it through.  I poured it into a vacuum flask, sealed(I gave it one twist back as I was scared that the flask could burst if it starts to thicken.  Maybe I was just a little paranoiac!)  I left it in a sunny windowsill for 6 hours and then poured a nice thick yogurt out!  I was amazed!


That evening I stirred a 1/3 packet of jelly powder into it to sweeten it a little....crushed coconut biscuits, poured the yogurt over and added some frozen strawberries on top!  Quick, easy and almost healthy desert on a hot summer night!

No comments:

Post a Comment