Saturday 13 October 2012

Post 107....a teacosy and mug jacket!

These were my favourite socks!  With cows!  And I love cows!  Even more after I visited Switzerland a few years ago!....

My sister took my mom and myself to Switzerland as birthday gifts a couple of years ago.....the best birthday gift I ever had!  I was amazed at all the different cows.....I brought the whole family cow mugs!  Different ones! And a cow milk jug....and a cow sugar bowl.....and for my husband a cow boxer!  Ha Ha Ha!

Well, I did not buy these socks there, but I loved them and was quite sad when the heels started to get holes in it!  There was nothing wrong with the legs though.......so I cut them off!.....Cut them open....Gave them a crochet border......Added strings to fasten them.....Used two pieces to tie together as a tea cosy and the other two to use as mug jackets!.....


This way I can still use my cow socks for some time!  Pretty cool I'd say!

No comments:

Post a Comment