Monday 1 October 2012

Project 100....aubergine paste!

Aubergine....eggplant....whatever you want to call it!  What a lovely looking vegatable/fruit!  I love purple and I think that can be the reason I am so intrigued with this veggie!  I can not say my family has the same sentiment, but who cares!  This is so good that if they do not want to eat it, I can always finish it off myself!  Anyway, I found a way to make them eat it....I use it as a base for a tomato tart....they don't know it....and they love the tomatoe tart......never any leftovers.....

Rub your eggplants with olive oil......prick the skins with a fork.....bake it in the oven until nice and soft......throw the whole thing in the food processor......add a good helping of garlic.....olive oil......freshly grated black pepper.....coarse salt.....and mix!  I sometimes even add some grated cheese, but not necessary. 

I dished it up with finger size veggies for friends at the usual 'braai' as a starter last night......even their boys ate it!  The leftovers will go on a sandwich later today with lettuce and leftover chicken!  Great vegetable!

No comments:

Post a Comment