Wednesday 19 September 2012

project 88......making a 'wrap'

My kids just love KFC's wraps, but they are expensive for three teenage boys!  One is just not enough!  So I started making my own!  With my grandmothers pancake recipe as I did not have time to make a more complicated recipe!  Seeing that my eldest enjoy them(he is not a pancake guy!), I kept on using this recipe.  I make them slightly thicker than a normal pancake.

I use:
1 cup of flour
1 cup of milk
1/2 cup of water
a pinch of salt
12.5 ml oil
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 egg
Mix everything and allow to stand for about half an hour before making your pancakes.  This recipe can be doubled, tripled, whatever!  It hardly ever flops!

I then spread the pancakes with mayonaise, add my filling...chicken and porkstrips are always favourites....mixed with lettuce leaves, feta cheese, tomatoe and gurkins.  I then add a little sweet pepper sauce on top and wrap it.  Easy, peasy.....and so much cheaper! 

No comments:

Post a Comment