Wednesday 19 September 2012

project 77.....easy home made pies from leftovers

I don't waste!  Especially not food!

The other day my middle son said that he thought that our family is most probably the family eating the most leftovers disguised as something else.  And I think he is dead right!  Leftover veggies pureed in the food processor does not change the taste of stews and soups or cottage pies or anything for that matter.....it just adds extra vitamins to the dish without anybody knowing it!  Leftover meat and potatoes makes a great fritatta for breakfast if some onions, green peppers and mushrooms are added....leftover mixed veg added with leftover mash makes great potato cakes the next evening....the possibilities are far more than just a bowl of leftovers......

I think it is just the way I was brought up....My father passed away early in my life, and my mom raised four children all by herself......we did not waste!

Now you have used your leftovers in a stew.....and now you have leftover stew.......what do you do with it!  Make pies!  And I promise you, you won't have a problem!  Teenagers love pies!

I used shop bought puff pastry.......no effort......cut rectangles and simply fold them over!

I paint the pastry with egg.....then fill it.....fold it over.......press the sides together with a fork  to close it up......paint the outside with egg.....make a small hole in the centre for the steam to escape.....bake for 20-25 minutes at 180*C.......and voila.......the easiest pies.....filled with leftovers.....!

No comments:

Post a Comment