Tuesday 4 September 2012

project 70........bracelets from scrap material

You get different versions of these all over Pinterest lately, but I have made some with scrap material, and was quite impressed with the outcome. I made the first two at work whilst having a quiet time working night duty......and somebody wanted to buy them!  Can you believe it!

Well, I made four with different materials, but made it to match one or two of the others so that I can wear them together.  I wore the blue one with a pair of jeans the other day, and thought it was quite nifty for a piece of scrap material!





I used a piece of  string and tied it in a circle.  I then cut ribbons of the scrap material and used a large sewing needle to string the material around the string.  When I came to the back, I used a needle and thread to secure the material.  I then started securing the beads with the same piece of cotton.  I filled the centre leaving a small gap for a button.  I then took another piece of material and covered the first piece of material to give it a neater look.  I secured it at the back again by sowing a few stitches through the material, and then sewn a button onto it to fasten it.  Easy as that! 

No comments:

Post a Comment