Wednesday 19 September 2012

project 84......chocolate no bake cookies

My youngest sometimes has a go in the kitchen!  He can read a recipe well and will definitely survive if I am not around......if he can get to the stove or the fridge, as he does not like to clean up after his experiments!

The other day he wanted to make something again, so I gave him this recipe, as I could not see myself cleaning up a big mess......I really did not feel like having a mess around me!

I got the recipe from a magazine some time ago, but it did not work out the way it was published, so we adapted it!  We made it again...our own recipe now.....it works well, and the brothers liked it too!

It makes about 48...and we got 48!  That was now after adding eggs, more coconut, etc!  If it was not for the extras, the 48 would be a little far to reach!

500ml sugar
60 ml cocoa
125 ml milk
120 ml butter
75 ml peanut butter
2 eggs
5 ml vanilla
500 ml oats
500 ml coconut

Mix the sugar and cocoa.  Add the milk and butter and bring to boil.  Allow to boil for 2 minutes, then remove from the stove top.  Stir in the eggs while it is still hot.  Then stir in the peanut butter and vanilla.  Add the oats and coconut.  Make little heaps on wax paper and allow to dry overnight before placing it in the cookie jar. 
I made the flat ones and my son the heaps...the heaps are more popular!

No comments:

Post a Comment