Monday 3 September 2012

Project 66.......undescribably caramel bread

I love to make this bread, as you don't have to beg anyone to finish it off!  Even that one one a serious diet will take another piece!  I always have to make it when my brother and his wife are coming for a braai, and she has a super delicious potato dish she normally must bring.  I have tried making the potatoes, and she has tried making this bread, but it is just not the same!  But imagine all the starch eating this together with the potatoes!  But we still do it!

On Friday night I made the bread when the boys were having braai with their friends.  I passed the deck in time to catch one boy taking another two pieces for the so manieth time!  He started laughing and said:"This bread is indescribably nice!"(I made it double for the occasion!)

This is so easy I almost don't want to share it!

You will need a packet of bread dough bought from your supermarket, 250 ml fresh cream and 200ml brown sugar.....


Make small balls out of your dough....almost the size of a small apple.....place it in your roast dish.......mix the cream and the sugar and pour it over the dough......allow to rise to double the size.....bake it with the lid on for about 20 minutes at 180*C.....take your lid off, and bake for another 5-10 minutes.  Do not allow it to brown too much, as it dries out the caramel.  Put your lid back when you remove it from the oven.  Enjoy!  I am sure you are going to make this one over and over again!  

Ps! The top photo was taken by candle light and did not work well.  The bottom one blurred a little, but you do get the idea of the caramel sauce on the side....

No comments:

Post a Comment