Wednesday 19 September 2012

project 85...............making a corsage...............

One of the elderly ladies in church brought me some offcuts of organza a while ago.  I decided to make corsages from it to use the different pieces together.

I cut a template of a flower pattern from card board, placed a few layers of the different materials on top of each other, and cut a few flowers.  They did not need to be the exact same size, as you move them around anyway for the leaves to overlap.  I then sewn it together in the centre and added beads, buttons, or sequins.  I added a piece of ribbon and lace to some at the back, and then added broach clips, and hair elastics to others.  I use these to zoosh up a garment, a hair band or simply to a gift wrapping......easy, cheap and hundreds of uses!

No comments:

Post a Comment