Tuesday 4 September 2012

Project 76.......birdbath!

I looked all over for a birdbath with no success!  Our town just did not cater for wild birds!  So I had to make a plan.....

We had this old basin in the garage that needed to go to the rubbish dump long time ago, but for one or other reason was left behind......I geared my husband up to dig a hole and sunk it in the ground.  I've planted some assyliums(hope it is spelt correctly!), lavender and rosemary around it and placed some stones around it.  I then plugged it and place a large stone on top of the plug for the birds to sit on.  I've cleaned it twice by simply pulling the plug!  The little bit of water wasting in this way is good for the tiny plants around it.  In a month or two the plants would have grown, and I'll show you what it looks like.  I believe the sides of the basin will be filled up, and  hopefully only the bath will be seen.  If not, I'll place some moss and more stones to the sides.

My husband was so pleased that he made two rusted flowers stand in the holes where the taps were suppose to come out.  I would not have done it like this, but we can not always win!  And there will be a day in the future where I'll be able to remove them without him noticing!

A good tip is to look around at what you have before just buying.  Many a time you could change something into totally something else with a fraction of the cost of what a new product would cost.

No comments:

Post a Comment