Tuesday 30 April 2013

PROJECT 222: JELLO COOKIES!

I was so enthusiastic yesterday showing our domestic worker how to clean the house properly, That she really set off with a speed this morning!  I had to go to a funeral(some of those dreadful things pastors wives have to do sometimes...), and by the time I got home, she was almost finished.....nothing for me to do.  So I decided to bake cookies.

I saw these colourful jello cookies some time ago and decided to give it a try.  Unfortunately I only had green and yellow jelly powder, so I only made green ones.  I do think mixed colours in the cookie jar would look awesome!

I wondered if the kids would like them, but then I thought nothing that is slightly sweet is safe in this house.....I am sure they are going to eat them, even if it is only the next two days whilst I am at work!  I won't be here to make something else to nibble on!  My kids can really sometimes embarrass me when it comes to sweet things!  They will make sure they are first in line at any sweets table!  I have to reprimand them every now and then!

This makes me think of something totally not in this line, but I want to tell you the story.....When we were pasturing our first church, the boys were still small.....ages 5, 3 and 1.  Sunday mornings we had to leave at 7-8h00 with all the music equipment, cleaning stuff, cups, urn, coffee, kids, and what ever we might need for the service.  We used a school hall, and had to clean it first, as they sometimes had weddings the night before or other functions.  Many a Sunday we collected a whole black bag full of beer bottles, ext. before we could clean up. Most of the Sundays it was only my husband and myself and 3 small kids doing this job.

By 9h00 the band came in to rehearse before the service....husband and myself part of it, and kids still going strong.  At 10h00 the service started.....I did the childrenschurch.  After the service tea and coffee....mostly me serving again with kids playing around me.  For some or other reason we never got away from the building before 13h00....sometimes even later.....packing everything in our car again!  I washed the cups at home.

Now for 3 small kids a day like this quite hectic, and when the people started having tea, they played around with the other kids.  One day they were running too much for the liking of one of the female members, and she said to me :"You know, they say pastors kids are always the naughtiest".  Without thinking first of the implication, I answered:"Maybe it is because they only have the congregations kids to play with!" and gave her a nice smile......she never said anything about the kids ever again!  I mean, they were only playing....and even if she thought they were naughty....6 hours for a small kid to be at church is long!

On that note....these pastors kids love sweet things!  But I do think there is going to be a remark on the colour! Ha ha!

Mix together:
3/4 cup butter
1/2 cup sugar
1 pkt jelly powder...you can add a little food colouring...I did
2 eggs
1 t vanilla
2 1/2 cups flour
1 t salt
1 t baking powder

Roll in balls, and roll in sugar.  Press down with a glass and sprinkle a little more sugar on top.  Bake for 6 minutes at 200*C.

No comments:

Post a Comment