Thursday 11 April 2013

Project 207: sea shell neclace

Just as I thought I was going to spend my holidays at home as my sons school arranged a hockey tour that was not planned in the diary that changed a fews holiday plans, my hubby decided to rather take us to the coast for the few days that was left from the school holidays.  It was the best sea holiday we ever had!  Maybe as it was not planned......we just decided to go on the last day of the hockey...great!  And the place we stayed even greater!  It was the first time that everything you need is thought of.  Great!

We spend hours walking down the beach in the mornings, an I even got my boys excited looking for shells!  With a whole bag full I could not wait to do something, so I made this one yesterday.  I wore it today and my friend thought I bought it!  When she heard I made it myself, she wanted one!

I used broken shells for this one and made two holes on the sides to add the findings.  I then gave the shells a layer of varnish as the colours do not seem to be a bright when the shells are dry.  With the varnish the colours look exactly like when the shells are wet.

I had these spring-like thingies, silver balls, silver flowers, copperish rings and a copperis
h chain.....so I used them all together.  Look how neat it is!

Now I have to think what to do with the rest of the bag of shells.....

No comments:

Post a Comment