Monday 1 April 2013

Project 201...fruity chicken in the crockpot

I've never been a crock pot fan.  But I have one as I used to work in a neighbouring town years ago, and the family needed something different from 'spagetti and mince' and 'mince and spagetti'......my husbands cooking skills!

I used it, but nobody could stand the dishes coming from it!  Not even myself!  I have one dish I can cook well in it, but that's the only dish!  Oh yes, the french toast is going down well as well.....

Being on leave for two weeks since yesterday, I decided to take it out.....bad enough to stay at home!  I don't want to stay in the kitchen for two weeks!  Unfortunately my family can think of lots of things to be cooked when mom's around!

I searched on the net for recipes, but half of the ingredients are not available here.....others just looked like my previous experiences....

I decided to do my own thing....and for once the whole family enjoyed it....my son not eating chicken said....'this is tasty'.....his way not to say 'this is nice'......My youngest.....'this is so nice,I am going to have more'...he is a very picky eater!  So I am definitely going to make this one again.....and tonight the leftover sauce is going into the cottage pie.....I don't plan to spend my holiday in the kitchen!

I used a 410g tin of peaches(juice and all), four frozen chicken thighs and a packet of stewing granules and cooked the whole lot for 6 hours at high.  I then added two tablespoons of flour to the sauce and allowed to cook for another two hours on low.  I've been very lazy and even cooked the rice in the other half of the pot as I have one with two different cooking spaces.

If I can get this reply from my family, it is worthwhile trying the crock pot more often!  You are welcome to send an email with some of your favourite crock pot recipes.  Click to leave a comment and send an email..... 

No comments:

Post a Comment