Monday 22 April 2013

Project 214: Potato soup

I was always the potato soup queen, until my friend Carien started making this one!  I had to phone her for this recipe over the weekend, as this was what my family felt like....totally forgotten about their mothers own potato soup recipe!

A packet of bacon, chopped
250 ml onions, chopped
25 ml butter
500 ml cream(I only used 250 ml and more milk....cholesterol!)
500 ml milk
500 g potatoes, cooked and diced
15 ml thyme
salt and pepper
10ml crushed garlic
300 ml grated cheese

Fry the bacon, and remove from pan.  Fry your onions in the bacon fat until cooked and see through.  Melt the butter, and add the flour.  Add the milk and the cream slowly and heat until it starts to boil.  Add the bacon, onions, potatoes, thyme, salt and pepper and garlic.  Cook through and add the cheese just before serving.

This is so nice, it almost feels like a potato casserole! 

1 comment:

  1. My Skoonma is coming the weekend and I think this will make a great Saturday lunch especially because it is so cold! You are SOOOO talented! I LOVE this blog!
    xoxo Tarryn

    ReplyDelete