Monday 29 April 2013

project 220...peanut brittle

This is a sin!  Now that I have made it and saw how super easy it is, I think my daily walks will be in vain!  And I don't think I'll ever get bored of this!  9-10 minutes in the microwave, and ready 15 minutes later!  Really!

1 1/2 cups of roasted peanuts
1 cup of white sugar
1/2 cup of syrup
1 pinch of salt
1 tbsp butter
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking soda

Prepare your baking sheet.  I used wax paper, but  I don't think it is necessary.

In a glass bowl mix peanuts, sugar, syrup and salt.  Boil in the microwave for 6-7 minutes.(Slightly longer if you have low wattage).  Stir after every minute, but don't remove bowl from microwave.

Stir butter and vanilla in, and boil for another 2-3 minutes.  Remove from microwave.  Stir in the baking soda until foamy.  Spread on your baking sheet.  After about 15 minutes break into pieces and store in an airtight container.

No comments:

Post a Comment