Wednesday 23 January 2013

project 157.........creamed spinach

For me there is no better vegetable than spinach!  It is just a pity that so few people like spinach!.....but my sister who hardly eats veggies, eats spinach!  Can you believe it!  So I cooked her one of my favourite recipes.  I sometimes even cook large amounts of this, and freeze it in portion sizes.  I even use these frozen packets to make soup!

Use 35g butter, 35g flour and 380 ml of milk to make a white sauce and season it with salt, black pepper and a pinch of nutmeg...... keep aside.

Blanche 750 g of spinach in boiling water, remove and dip in ice water.  Put it in the food processor and blend it.  Mix the white sauce into it and bake in a tin foil covered oven dish for 15 minutes.  Stir well before serving.  Taste just as good as a favourite chain stores food chains creamed spinach.

No comments:

Post a Comment