Monday 7 January 2013

project 148: frozen cheesecake

Now was I impressed with this!  I never attempted anything like this before, and could not believe the end product!  Looked very professional!

125 ml pineapple juice
10 ml gelatin powder
1 container of cream cheese
1 tin of caramel treat
10 ml vanilla
250 ml fresh cream
roasted coconut shavings-for the top
fruit to serve it with

Crust:
 1 packet tennis biscuits crushed
60 ml roasted coconut
80 ml melted butter

Prepare the crust by mixing all the crust ingredients together.  Press it into a round cake pan that you have lined with baking paper.

Pour half of the juice in a bowel.  Add the gelatin and soak for a few minutes.  Heat it through in the microwave until dissolved and add rest of juice.

Beat the cheese and the caramel together, then add the juice slowly.

Mix the vanilla with the cream and beat it until stiff forming soft peaks.  Add together with the caramel mixture and fold it in lightly.

Pour onto the crust and seal the pan with glad wrap.  Place in the freezer and freeze it until hard.

The original recipe from the Ideas magazine said you should use a clamp pan, but I do not have one.  I used a normal round pan, and just removed the cake about 15 minutes before I needed it.  I used baking paper on the sides as well.  I placed a plate on top, and the cake came out easily.  I then simply placed another plate on the crust and turned the whole thing around again.  Worked well!

Finish it off by spreading the coconut shavings on top.  Dish up with fresh fruit.

1 comment:

  1. Mmmmmm sounds yum-you can come and try out all your recipes at my home!

    ReplyDelete