Wednesday 2 January 2013

Project 139______beaded earrings________

I made these to match my pink necklace, but have never worn them together as the earring make their own statement....together with the necklace it is just too much!

I used crafters wire and started by stringing one or two beads at a time and then making a small twist that the beads are almost on a wire stem.  As usual, I worked without a plan, and just formed the earring until I was satisfied.  There after I attached it to an earring finding.

It is quite difficult to get both exactly the same, but to make it easier remember the sequence you worked with, and give for example only five twists at a time, then you will get them more or less the same.

I don't buy earrings anymore and just make a pair in a colour I need.  Except for these pink ones, I have a green, a red and a grey pair as well that were all custom made for a specific need......and it is satisfying when you walk in a shop and someone comments 'nice earrings'.  I love to say 'my own handwork'! 

No comments:

Post a Comment