Wednesday 2 January 2013

Project 143-marshmallow salad

Yea, it's correct!  Marshmallow salad!

My friend always make this for church functions.....any function.....her salad gets finished first......and is always ordered for the next function again!  We love our 'braais'(other parts in the world has BB Q's) and this one goes well with the meat.  I never told my family that I can actually make this as I thought it will be demanded more often.  After all, if they eat it too often what will Carien make for church do's?

But I made it the other day.....and have no excuse anymore!  The only excuse I have is that the tiny marshmallows are not always readily available!  Wonder for how long I will get away with it!  It's not that I don't want to make it though.....they just tend to eat this only and ignore all the other stuff!

Mix together mini marshmallows(I used three small packets for 8 people as a side dish.  I bought it from Clicks), 500ml of grenadilla yogurt and 410g pineapple pieces(tinned).  I used the liquid in another recipe.....

Mix everything together and keep in the fridge until serving.  I just mixed everything 10 minutes before eating it.....soooooo easy! 

1 comment: