Wednesday 2 January 2013

Project 142******pineapple pie/bake

I saw this on google and decided to try it.  Delicious! I am definitely going to make it again!

The original recipe had tinned crushed pineapples, but I used a fresh one, as I had it in the house.  It worked well, so you can decide what you want to use.

Peel and crush your pineapple and place it in the bottom of your pie dish.  Butter or spray your dish first to prevent it from sticking.

Mix together 1 cup of grated cheese(Yes, it is correct! Cheese!), 5 tablespoons of flour and 1/2 cup of sugar and spread it over the pineapple.  Then crush a packet  of salt biscuits(I used Tux) and spread it on top.  Then melt 1/2 cup of butter and pour it over.  Bake it for 3/4 of an hour at 180*C.  Serve hot or cold as a side dish with meat.  Great!

No comments:

Post a Comment