Wednesday 23 January 2013

Project 154********ginger coconut chicken

This recipe had its origin from the book 'Zhoozsh!' by Jeremy & Jacqui Mansfield.  I think if I ever had to do a recipe book, it will be something like this, as it is easy to do....no fuss with a lot of steps to get to the end results.....photo's and stories that's enjoyable giving a background to every recipe....

The original recipe is a ginger coco chicken soup.  I made that before as well, liked the taste and ended up making a few adaptions until I ended up with whole pieces of chicken in a white coconut sauce.

I cooked the chicken in the microwave for 10 minutes.  I then browned it a little in olive oil, and kept it aside.  I then browned some onions in the same pot and then added 2 tbsp of freshly crushed ginger(my middle son loves chopping! So I give him this job!  You land up with finely crushed ginger root!  Even finer than the stuff you buy!  I soon learnt that you can not give him everything to chop except if you want juice!  But the ginger works well!)

Add 1 tsp of brown sugar, 1 tsp of finely chopped chili and boil for a few minutes.  Add your chicken to this  mixture with a packet of mushrooms, 2 tbsp of fish sauce(yes it is smelly, but the end result is worth it!), 2 tbsp of lemon juice and a tin of coconut cream.  Allow to simmer for a few minutes.  Garnish with parsley.....serve with rice....green salad.....

Not close to the original soup, but just as tasty!

No comments:

Post a Comment