Wednesday 27 February 2013

project 170: easy desert

For one or other reason I always cook when we have family gatherings!  With my sis and her new(or fairly new) hubby's(they got married last year May)  recent visit I landed up cooking again for the whole family, father, mother, brother, sister in law, nephews and the almost new couple, and don't forget my hubby and three hungry teenage boys!

Cooking is not a problem, but desert always gives me a headache!  I have one very easy desert I make and nobody ever left without asking the recipe!  In fact, it is so easy that I am almost too scared to pass the recipe on!

I sometimes make this in a large bowl, and sometimes in individual portions in wineglasses or small bowls.  Jazz it up with a mint leave and some ice cream or cream, and nobody will ever think it took you two minutes to create it!

I use different fruits with different colours and flavours of jelly.  You can play around as you wish, but my favourite ones are peaches with orange jelly, and litchis with greengage jelly.

Drain a large can of fruit keeping the liquid aside.  Cut your fruit to smaller bite size pieces and place it in the bottom of your bowl. 

Empty two packets of jelly in a jug and add two cups of boiling water.  Stir until the jelly is dissolved.

Add all the juice from your fruit and a tin of condensed milk.  Stir and pour over the fruit.

Place it in the fridge to set and that's it! Shoosh it up a little to match your well cooked meal, as they will surely ask for the recipe, and you will be too ashamed to give it as it is so simple!  At least if it looks pretty, they will think you have put some effort in the planning!

No comments:

Post a Comment