Tuesday 19 February 2013

Project 169.....chicken liver pate

Have you ever woken up tasting something(without being pregnant!) and just know you have to eat it today!?

The other day I had a craving for chicken liver pate!  I can not remember when last I had it, an I surely have never made it before!

After making chicken livers for breakfast the morning, and still had the craving for pate, I started searching for a recipe!  And made it with a few adaptions, but will definitely make it again!  Thinking about it.....it is my birthday tomorrow, and we normally cook on birthdays what the birthday boy or girl feels like......I think this will be a good lunch!  With whole grain bread, cucumber pickles and some blue cheese.......can't wait!

1 small onion chopped in food processor
50 g butter
250 g chicken livers
250 ml fresh cream
3 eggs
2.5 ml nutmeg
2.5 ml ground cloves
salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
100 ml of white wine(the original recipe said port, but I only had wine!)

Saute your onions in the butter and leave to cool. 
Place the livers, cream and eggs in a food processor and bled until smooth.
Add onions(butter and all) and rest of the seasonings as well as the wine, and blend again until smooth.
Pour into a bowl or ramekins and place in a bain-marie(use oven pan wit boiling water in it and place your dish inside) and cook at 180*C in the oven until firm.  Allow to cool before you put it in the fridge.
You can add some melted clarified butter to the top, but allow to cool properly before pouring it on top.



No comments:

Post a Comment