Tuesday 19 February 2013

Project 167: blueberry muffins

My sister got a gift of blueberries, and she did not have time to do something with them, before their visit.  She never cooked with them before, and did not know that you can freeze them for later use!

Well, I never cooked with them either, but luckily I read a lot about anything gardening, so I knew I could freeze them!  But before freezing, I kept about 3/4 of a cup full aside to make muffins for Saturday morning tea.....

With a house full of visitors for supper that evening, I did not have time to go and search for a recipe, so as you know me.....I made a plan!  Blueberry muffins was what I wanted, and blueberry muffins was what I got!  Great fluffy muffins with the blueberries making these lovely purple stripes in them when cutting them!  Beautiful!

I used a packet of vanilla muffin mix, but used buttermilk in stead of water to mix it.  My son helped me to mix with my directions on the side.  He was not very happy to add the buttermilk, but was just as excited about the outcome at the end. 

Continue adding everything as the directions on the packet.  Lastly add your berries and stir through lightly.  Be careful not to squash the berries too much.  Bake as directed on the packet, but allow an extra five minutes, as it seemed like the berries needed that extra little bit of time.


My sister was impressed.....he hubby was impressed......and I think I was even more impressed!

No comments:

Post a Comment