Sunday 17 February 2013

project 161.....more church flowers

I did these last Friday for a friend sons wedding for the church. 

This was not planned as they had a wedding venue and everything was done by them.  Last minute realised there was no flowers in the church.....

I worked night duty so my time was limited.  The flowers were limited......seems like it was the leftovers from the venue, as she asked them to order her extras.......

But the bride had a very specific idea of what she wanted!  Sunflowers in the middle standing with roses at the bottom(colours red, yellow and orrange).....problem was....it was extremely hot and the roses were already not fresh......and far too little to make any impression in a large church!  So we made a plan.....

We used my large vase again and filled it with yellow and white cellophane to make the sunflowers stand as they were very heavy.  I then used a florist bowl with oasis on the top, as the vase was too wide for the roses now.  I used one you would use for a wreath as it has a hole in the middle for the sunflowers.  I had two bunches of floppy roses and added them in the hole so that their stems could be directly in the water.  Remember to always cut the stems afresh before you place your flowers in a vase.  This just allow them to soak up water properly.  Add some flower food to your water, or a little bleach.  It keeps them fresh longer.(Not that I had fresh flowers to work with, but anyway!)

I then stuck the fresher roses in my well soaked oasis, added some leaves and feathers....a drape to tumble down the stand, and voila....bride was happy.....I don't think the photo gives the whole picture, but it did look quite nice in the church.

No comments:

Post a Comment